lout-users

Re: Problem with Bookman font

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Problem with Bookman font
Date: 28 Feb 2001 17:04:26 +0100

address@hidden writes:

>      Ok, a problem I saw beside of that is that the printer didn't had the
> Bookman font, so the text printed out with Courier. It would be nice (or a
> TODO feature?) to add an option to lout for including the font description
> in the Postscript output. The same happens with Ghostscript, and I don't
> dare to jugdge if that's diffucult to implement or not :)

Technically it wouldn't be very difficult to have Lout include the
fonts in the PostScript file.  However, I think it's not the right
place, as Lout would need to know about printer capabilities, etc.

Have a look at the includeres program from the PSUtils package
<http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/ajcd/psutils/>, or use a spooler like
PPR <http://ppr.trincoll.edu/>.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <address@hidden>