lout-users

How to put attachments at end of an ordinary document

From: Kyle
Subject: How to put attachments at end of an ordinary document
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:45:35 -0700

Can anyone help with this?

I'm trying to figure out a relatively clean way to attach some full size EPS documents at the end of a lout file.

I have a local modified copy of "doc" that has a custom header, etc.  The regular document has 1" margins all through it.  When I get to the end, I'd like to include some EPS drawings at full scale.  In order to do so, I need to be able to ignore the margins that have been in place for the rest of the document.

If possible, I'd like to do this without having to make a custom "docf" file.  I'd like to put whatever defs I need into my "doc" file.

I experimented with this in the doc file:

def @AttachPlace { @Galley }
def @Attachment force into { @AttachPlace&&preceeding } right x { x }

def @AttachList right num {
    @PageLabel {A num}
    8.5i @Wide 11i @High {
        //0.5r
        ||0.5r @AttachPlace
    }
 // @AttachList
}

extend @BasicSetup @DocumentSetup @OrdinarySetup
def @ADoc
{
    @Doc
    //
    @AttachList
    //
    @Attachment @IncludeGraphic {"ps.a:sret_mdpd~fig~assy~.obj.eps"}
}

And then using the @ADoc definition in my document instead of @Doc.  But I'm getting various errors including:

  182,44: replacing @AttachPlace&&preceeding by @AttachPlace&&following
lout file "empty.lout":
    4,27: galley @Attachment deleted (never attached)

I don't really know what I'm doing here.  Lout is still a bit of a black box for me.  But I know that if I try to include the documents inside the @Text definition, they have to get scaled down inside the margins.  I'm trying to figure out how to just tack them on the end so they can have their own margin settings.  Giving them page labels like A1, A2, etc would be nice too.

This is for an application where the documents are created by an automated front-end, so the solution has to be somewhat general purpose.

Help?