lout-users

Re: List of contract style

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: List of contract style
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 05:03:35 +0400

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 23:50:19 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:

> I just wanna to stretch lout to yet another dimension

If I ever go to Praha I owe you a beer. ;-)

> I have not been able to complete appropriate definitions based on
> @List with specific styles (especially, I have been troubled by
> centered heading of article and its left-justified content).  Should
> I use the standard @List symbol and work around it, or should I
> redefine it all and create it afresh with building whole machinery
> from galleys, etc? Any thoughts?

Is nesting limited?  Is item 2.3.5.(a).4.i.12.a.1 possible?  Perhaps
you  can combine  gallyes for  outer  levels with  fancy headings with
lists for inner levels with run-in numbers.  I guess you could do with
a tweaked setup file and a handful of macros.

That 2.3.5.mumble number is not to mock you.  The deepest nesting I've
actually seen is, e.g. 1.2.1.2.4.2.4.1.1.1.2.2.3 - in a commentary
written by the first Sakya patriarch.  And I'm sure there are examples
of deeper nesting, since Tibetan authors just positively love it that
way, thought they use a different serialization technique for
presenting these deeply nested structures - but that's too far a
digression.

SY, Uwe