lout-users

Yet another trouble with lout 3.21 -- indexes

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: Yet another trouble with lout 3.21 -- indexes
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 19:28:44 +0200

Hi,

I have yet another problem with lout 3.21. When trying compile
document with references (my resume), lout breaks saying that I
have no updated indexes. However, when I delete ones and try re-
run, problem persists (see attached output).

Which information should I include to make things more clear for
you (if necessary)? BTW, I have Linux (RedHat 6.0, which is kernel
2.2.*).

                                Have nice day

                                                                Matej Cepl

Basser Lout Version 3.21 (May 2000)
Basser Lout written by:      Jeffrey H. Kingston (address@hidden)
Free source available from:  ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout
This executable compiled:    20:09:11 May 14 2000
System include directory:    /usr/local/lib/lout/include
System database directory:   /usr/local/lib/lout/data
Database index files created afresh automatically: yes
Safe execution (disabling system()) is default: no
strcoll() used for sorting by default: no
PDF compression on: yes
Debugging (-d, -dd, -ddd flags) available: yes

Basser Lout comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions.  For
details on both points, consult the GNU General
Public License (distributed with this software).
.
lout file "matrefs.ld" (from "resme01" line 8):
    25,1: fatal error: database index file seems to be out of date