lout-users

An old problem

From: nijbhav
Subject: An old problem
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:09:41 +0400 (SCT)

        I had started using lout-3.08 and it is still distributed with
popular linux distributions like Redhat. Now I have moved to lout-3.17,
but the problem has persisted with me. The problem is to how to create
footnote for section titles (and also for other titles). The following
code works fine but when we create contents, the footnote appears there
also! - which is undesirable of course!

@Section
@Title {Introduction @FootNote{Well, not exactly}}
@Begin
@PP
Hey. how are you?
@End @Section
        I used this code piece in a report where @MakeContents was set to
'Yes'. The result was that the first footnote number appeared in the
contents entry of 'Introduction' and the second in the usual text. This
problem has troubled me for some time and I have not been able to
circumvent it. What is the correct way for achieving the expected result,
i.e., footnote only in one place? If the prescribed method is not
intuitive, and the present condition is a 'feature' of Lout, then can it
be made more intuitive?
 Thanks very much in advance ! !