lout-users

ADMINISTRIVIA: Posting to the Lout mailing list

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 23:52:38 +0300

Dear subscribers.

Let me remind you about few important details wrt posing to the Lout
mailing list.

1) YOU CAN ONLY POST FROM AN ADDRESS THAT IS SUBSCRIBED TO THE LIST.

This restriction, while inconvenient, saves you from spam, so thatk
you for appreciating it.

2) Mail that appears to come from a daemon is rejected and forwarded
   to me for inspection.

This measure is necessary to protect the list from a mail laser effect.

Some ISP seems to add a Sender headline that claims that the message is

    Sender: address@hidden

This message will be rejected.  Please, complain to your ISP, as they
clearly vioalate the rfc822.

And of course don't post as root or MAILER-DAEMON ;-)

3) If you want to be able to post from several addresses but still
   recive mail from the list only at one address you can use the
   following procedure.

Subscribe to the main list <address@hidden> by sending a
that you want to receive list postings.

You will be able to post messages from the address you've subscribed.

If you want to post from multiple addresses, there's also a "shadow"
fully automated mailing list.  This mailing list has *only* the
"-request" address:

    <address@hidden>

You can send an ordinary subscription requests to this address from
the address that you want to be able to post from.  Every address
subscribed to this shadow list is permitted to post to the main list.

    Example:

Suppose you have two addresses

    <address@hidden>
    <address@hidden>

Suppose you want to read the list at home but you want to be able to
post both from office and from home.  Here're the steps that you take:

Subscribe your home address to the main list.  You will receive list
traffic to this address.