lout-users

Version 3.17 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.17 of Lout now available
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:30:06 +1000

I have put up Version 3.17 of Lout in the usual place,

    ftp://address@hidden/jeff/lout/lout-3.17.tar.gz

and declared it to be the "current stable version".  This is
because it contains only a few minor changes from Version 3.16,
which itself was quite reliable.  The changes are:

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.17 [13 September 1999]

    Bug fixes
    @AtEnd option for @Book and @Report (unnumbered back cover page)
    @Abbreviations symbol in books (like @Introduction but for abbreviations)
    @Euro symbol added for getting a European Currency symbol
    Document OBJECT struct declaration in externs.h (for gurus only)

The bad news is that I was unable to get an @Afterword section going,
analogous to @Preface but at the very end.  The problem was it set
up a race condition with the index entries and they and the afterword
got mixed up together.  No doubt with more time and care I could find
a way around this problem.

As usual, keep those comments, suggestions, and bug reports rolling in.

Jeff Kingston