lout-users

Re: newbee questions

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: newbee questions
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:45:05 +0400

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 05:44:10PM +0200, Pascal Weidema wrote:

> I include some PDF files which will show the way we use Word 97
> templates at HKV Consultants...  I want to make 'identical' ones in
> Lout.

The proposal and reports should be easily doable by using the book
setup and cutomizing header formats, section gaps etc.

Fax and memo should be easily doable by using some letter format as a
start, see list archives for Jeff's letter style.

Be aware that because of a bug in Adobe Acrobat 3, text in PDFs
produced by Lout looks ragged (but its reported that it prints ok,
though).

> I also have an other question.  Is it possible to implement other
> image formats then .ps or .eps into Lout documents?

I guess you target PDF and you want to inlcude jpegs &co.
It is possible.  It is not implemted.

SY, Uwe