lout-users

ref list in order of appearance

From: Mikko Huhtala
Subject: ref list in order of appearance
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 20:44:38 +0400 (MSD)

I'm relatively new to lout and I'm sorry if this is a FAQ.

I'd like to sort my list of references in the order of appearance in the
text. The 3.13 User's Guide states quite bluntly that "there is no way to
sort by order of first appearance in the document" (page 102). However,
this is exactly how many publications want their reference lists and the
lack of the sorting option is a major pain for me. Is there an extension
to Lout for sorting by order of appearance? I couldn't find anything in
the mailing list archives. I'm not much of a programmer and I can imagine
writing such a sorting extension in Lout might not be completely
straightforward.

Apart from this kludge, I find Lout very nice. The StarOffice word
processor and even LaTeX (don't need the equations) flew off the desktop
very quickly after I got started with Lout.

Mikko Huhtala