lout-users

Re: overhead spacing

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: overhead spacing
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:42:24 +1000

> I'm generating a file using the OverheadTransparencies
> setup file and I get a sizeable top margin at the beginning
> of each slide.  When slide contents overflow to the next
> slide, the extra margin is not there.  Is there a setup
> parameter to control this margin amount?

There are two relevant parameters.  @TopMargin can be used to
change the top margin on every slide.  @OverheadHeadingFormat
can be used to change the format of the heading, including
adding extra space above it.  So, for example, the value

    @OverheadHeadingFormat { @DP number @DotSep title }

would add extra space above the heading (a @DP in fact).

The current slides package includes a @DP before the overhead
heading, so you aren't going to be able to get rid of that
by setting parameters.  And there is no parameter specifically
for inserting space at the top of slide pages after the first.
You could do it by inserting your own page breaks, of course;
@NP followed by @DP for example.

Jeff Kingston