lout-users

Re: Lout installation problem

From: Mark Carroll
Subject: Re: Lout installation problem
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:44:59 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 04:52:21PM +0100, Mark Carroll wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install lout-3.13 on a SunOS 5.7 machine. All the making
> > seemed to go okay, but when I cd into lout-3.13/doc/user/ and type 'lout
> > all > op', I get plenty of errors, the first being:
> >
> > lout file "tbl" (from "all" line 2):
> >      1,0: cannot open file tbl
(snip)
> Have you run make install?  If you want to run lout in-place, run

Yes, I have. (-: bin, lib, doc, man in the directory where everything was
installed to all have stuff in them.

>     $ L=/path/to/src/lout-3.13
>     $ LOUTLIB=$L $L/lout -x $L/include/init
>
> to initialize standard db and make packed hyphenation files.  Then
>
>     $ cd $L/doc/user
>     $ LOUTLIB=$L $L/lout -o user.ps all

I'm confused here - what am I meant to type after each of these? Neither
seem to make the 'lout all > op' work...

(I'm trying it in the installed-to directory, and I added the bin
directory to my PATH for good measure.)

I'll e-mail you privately with an ls -lR of the installed-to directory...

Thanks. (-:

-- Mark