lout-users

Re: Lout 3.13 [not really a] Bug with margin notes and PDF

From: Glauber Ribeiro
Subject: Re: Lout 3.13 [not really a] Bug with margin notes and PDF
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:33:59 -0600

Hello, Uwe,

I understand now, and i understand it's not really a bug. Someone
mentioned that Lout is not a complete page definition system (compared
to TeX, maybe?), but it relies on PostScript. I think this is
acceptable, as long as there are freely available systems (and cheap
commercial ones too) out there to render PostScript.

It's a good thing that Lout is small and easy to learn, even if this
means that we lose some functionality in the PDF backend. I still like
having that backend as a quick preview feature (i don't use it for final
output anyway, because the output looks ugly when displayed in Acrobat
Viewer).

Thanks for the explanation, and thanks, as always, for Lout!

Glauber

--
Glauber Ribeiro --- Integrated Warehousing Solutions  (IWS)
mailto:address@hidden         http://www.iws-irms.com