lout-users

Re: local adjustments in mydefs

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: local adjustments in mydefs
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:16:24 +0300

On Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 01:15:00AM +0100, Volker Renneberg wrote:

> As described in the user manual someone can adjust global settings by
> creating a local copy of the according document include file(like "doc"
> or "report") and change those values. But I just don't want to always
> create a local copy of the whole file even if there is only one
> change(e. g. @MakeIndex). Is it possible to implement something like a
> extend @Use - clause
> which allows the user to specify new values for a subset of the setup
> options? I think this feature would make sense because some setup
> options I want to set globally(those I'll change in the global
> doc-setup-file) and some setup options have to be adjust according to
> the purpose of the created document.
> And I cannot change a value globally if there are hundreds(or some less)
> copies of one doc-file in my repository I also have to modify.
>
> Will this @Use-feature be implemented in future versions of lout?

Actually this should not require any new language features and is
rather a question of arranging imports.  See my message of 23 Nov
1997, "Re: Changing parameters midstream."  that demostrates how to
use scoping.

The solution to your problem is to use a level of indirection, so that
all parameters to @BasicSetup &co are specified with a different
symbol that is then imported by @BasicSetup.

This should be easy, I'll look into this.

SY, Uwe