lout-users

Re: hp4000 printers

From: brister
Subject: Re: hp4000 printers
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:13:23 +0100 (MET)

> My limited experience is that files print without anything extra when
> printed through gsview and ghostscript.  However, when I create a postscript
> file (65 page "book") with lout and then print it downstairs on the
> secretary's HP4M (postscript) printer by using a copy command from a dos
> prompt, the last page is an extra page with a large TIMEOUT printed on it.
> Your experiences may differ in how you get the file to the printer.

I get the same thing on an HP 4MP (being driven by bsd/os). Also, if I send
two copies of the lout output to it at once they both print fine, and then the
TIMEOUT page shows up only after the second one has printed. I have no answer
to why....

James
--
James Brister                                            address@hidden