lout-users

Re: Including Hungarian as a language

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Including Hungarian as a language
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:59:38 +0300

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 08:38:08AM -0700, Tamas Papp wrote:

> Another slight problem. I looked at the standard.ld file, and saw what I
> had to translate. I found "page" and "chapter", which are translated to
> "oldal" and "fejezet" in Hungarian. The problem is, that we put the number
> before these words, with a dot after it:
>
> Chapter 5 -> 5. fejezet (some books even use roman numerals here, like
> V. fejezet, I'll have to look up what the most common way is)
>
> page 24 -> 24. oldal
>
> Can lout handle these? If yes, how do I indicate that these are to be
> treated this way?

This depens on the context.  For some contexts *Format oprions to
standard document types are provided; for some - not.  Jeff indicated
that he's going to make more *Format options for the next release
(which should be out real soon now).

For citations, check the data/refstyle.ld which describes how
different types of references (books, articles &c) are printed.

SY, Uwe