lout-users

RE: HTML 4/XML+CSS2 front-end

From: David Duffy
Subject: RE: HTML 4/XML+CSS2 front-end
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:35:35 +1000 (EST)

I know little about SGML etc, but would think you have only a few options :-)

1) Write pretty HTML4, and print less elegant Postscript via a browser (I
have been using Amaya, which has the virtue of being pretty close to
the standard)

2) Write Lout and:
      a) for the web, provide PDF (or PS) versions of your critical documents
      b) write a lout to HTML converter dedicated to your particular
         problems
      c) use a preprocessor/macros to automate the writing of Lout wrt
         inflected characters (another emacs mode perhaps?)

3) Write SGML (Jade), as Uwe suggested.

4) Use WordPerfect ;) [are you running Linux?]

It depends whether you want to solve a current limited problem, or create
a general tool for other users, I guess.