lout-users

Handling forms with overflow

From: Ty Sarna
Subject: Handling forms with overflow
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:37:47 -0600 (CST)

I asked about this before, but got distracted with other aspects of my
project. Now I'm back to this point again.

I need to generate forms with a particular format. The first page must
be fixed format. The fields must always be in the same place.

If (and only if) any of the data from the first page is too long to fit,
a second (and as many more as needed) pages must be created. The can be
free form, listing the title of each overflowed field and the remainder
of the data.

The galley support in Lout would seem to be perfect for this, but I
can't get it to do what I want.

Can someone please provide a simple example for how to do this?