lout-users

[no subject]

From: Monty Zukowski
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:09:05 -0800

Here's another simple question.  I want to make a little box representing a
day on a calendar with a number in the upper left corner, holidays listed on
top and a sentence on the bottom.  With the following code, if I only change
whether //1rt is there or not I get drastically different results.  With it
there the following sentence is indeed bottom justified, but both sentences
are scaled horizontally to fit into the box instead of broken like a normal
sentence.  If I comment out the //1rt, then the sentences are broken
properly like a paragraph, but of course there is no bottom justification.
What is going on to create this odd behavior?  How can I bottom justify a
sentence?  I was following the first example in the expert.ps documentation
which uses //1rt to put footnotes in the right place.

@SysInclude {picture}
@Illustration {
6i @High 3i @Wide { 12
 { Helvetica Narrow 20p }  @Font ragged @Break { The quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

//1rt  # this really changes things!

This is the bottom justified stuff.  Lines will shift upward instead of
downward.  Pretty cool, eh?
}
}
}