lout-users

Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?
Date: 11 Dec 1998 09:22:59 +0100

"Valeriy E. Ushakov" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the code, but what I really have in mind is real Type1
> charstrings.  As far as I understand only two instructions are
> necessary: hsbw (to set metrics) and seac (to combine).  Something
> like a smart perl script that would take list of compounds and produce
> the necessary piece of PS code and an AFM file.  It's better
> (performance-wise) to do things on host rather than in the
> interpreter.

As far as I know, seac is deprecated.  I'm not sure, but I think it's
seac which requires the accents used in compound characters to be in
the encoding vector, wasting valuable space.  (Or is this rather a
limitation of older PostScript interpreters?  Correct me if I'm wrong,
I don't have the Black Book handy.)

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A. <address@hidden>
Electronic Technologies