lout-users

Lout and Mail Merge

From: IBMackey
Subject: Lout and Mail Merge
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:24:41 +0300 (MSK)

I create a lot of forms that sometimes (1) information from keyboard as
a document is processed (i.e. quick memo, names and address), (2) names
and addresses from a standard database, and (3) conditional text (i.e. a
warning if the person has children or not).

In latex, you have the "\typein" command to handle (1) and the if/then
package to handle (3). I believe I will have to make some kind of script
to handle (2).

Queries. Are these trivial or non-trivial problems under lout? Would
Latex be better suited for my needs? And could someone give me examples
in lout, how they would tackle these problems?

Thanks,

i.b.