lout-users

Re: Lout for M$-DOS no working

From: Darrel Hankerson
Subject: Re: Lout for M$-DOS no working
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 06:49:31 -0600 (CST)

Matthew Cepl <address@hidden> writes:

   when I tried [djgpp] lout for DOS in the real DOS environment
   (AMD 386SX/40MHz, 4 MB RAM -- previous tests were done under WinNT on
   IBM 300GL), it failed after a short time with following report generated.

The error starts with:

   Exiting due to signal SIGNOFP
   Coprocessor not available at ...

Your SX does not have a math coprocessor, and the compiled version of
lout is complaining that it cannot find the math emulator package.

The tool used to compile your version of lout comes with the proper
emulator (emu387.dxe).  However, the FAQ (www.delorie.com) suggests
that packages for distribution which may need to run on such hardware
should consider compiling the emulator support into the main program
(at the cost of 20kb), simplifying the install for users.

I should probably have compiled the support into the version that I
prepared.  Sorry.

--
--Darrel Hankerson address@hidden