lout-users

Bug in GNU emacs lout-mode paragraph filling?

From: James Ramsey
Subject: Bug in GNU emacs lout-mode paragraph filling?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 20:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

When I used M-q to fill a paragraph in a Lout document, I found that
everything that I typed up to that point was treated as a single
paragraph, even if there were blank lines. Apparently, the culprit was
in the regular expression for paragraph-start, which was "^^L\\|$P"
(line 320 in the file lout-mode.el). I replaced this with the regular
expression "^[ \t\n\f]". This bit of voodoo appears to work. Blank
lines and tabs are taken as paragraph separators (and form-feeds, of
course, though I'm not sure how that's helpful).

--J. J.

P.S.
I couldn't quite figure out what "^^L\\|$P" exactly meant, so if
anyone could fill me in . . .

==

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----