lout-users

Re: Top margin strangeness?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Top margin strangeness?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:28:43 +1000

Clint wrote:

> I'm using Lout 3.12, and I've noticed that the 2nd page of my documents
> have a very small top margin.

The obvious thing to check next is the page size option in the setup file:

    @PageType { A4 }

is the default, and Americans will probably want to change this it Letter.
In the makefile it recommends doing this at install time.  Since A4 is
about half an inch taller than Letter, when printed on Letter paper an
A4 sheet loses half an inch of (usually top) margin.

Jeff