lout-users

Re: Problems with unpaginated ASCII

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Problems with unpaginated ASCII
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:23:45 +0400

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 03:31:52PM +0300, Nimrod Zimerman wrote:

> Shortly - Lout segmentation faults.  Sadly, I can't localize this
> problem very well, and I don't have the time to investigate it.

Hmm, it dumps core onto me too (sparc-sun-solaris2.5).  I dont' have
time to investigate this, but from quickly poking around with gdb I
can see that it dumps core inside z24.c:PrintWord, which receives some
corrupted object as an argument (traced with -dgp).

Also if I tweak the input a bit I receive:

 lout-problem.lt:7:97 fatal error: no current font at word #library).HNotabily,

Hmm, looks like a memory corruption.  I'm downloading evaluation copy
of purify to check what's going on.

SY, Uwe