lout-users

Re: single-guillemot?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: single-guillemot?
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:59:57 +0400

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 01:24:34PM +0200, Aslak Raanes wrote:

> Is it possible to get single guillemots in Lout?

Yes.  But read below.

> Does this mean that I can get them by typing
>
>         @Char guilsinglleft
> and     @Char guilsinglright

Yes, that's it.

But you'll have to tweak char maps a bit.  Lout reencodes fonts with
the encoding vector specified in LCM files (that live $LOUTLIB/maps).
Standard Adobe fonts are used with LtLatin1 map.  Unfortunately, this
map does not have single guillemots encoded, so your attempt at @Char
guilsinglright will produce an error message.

This is really easy to fix, just put guilsinglright and guilsinglleft
into some unused position in maps/LtLatin1.LCP.  The exact code
doesn't matter, as you are not going to refer them by code.  Codes
from C0 (i.e. 0 to 31), that are all unused in LtLatin1 will do just
fine.

Hope it helps.

SY, Uwe