lout-users

Changing Chapter heading format

From: Robbe Stewart
Subject: Changing Chapter heading format
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:28:52 +1030

I wish to have a chapter heading style which prints the title 'Chapter
<num>' in white text inside a black box. The box is to span the current
column width even if the enclosed text does not. The document format is
Book format.

The attached bit of code (from 'mydefs') fails. If anyone can help debug
it for me or alternatively provide a better solution, it would be much
appreciated.

Note: I have changed the standard chapter/section heading format to call
@ReverseChapHead in an edited copy of dbook as per User's guide. The
error messages I get at compile time are:

% lout all > out.ps
lout file "all":
     2,1: unresolved cross reference @Runner&&following
     2,1: unresolved cross reference @Runner&&following
lout file "ch_1" (from "all" line 55):
     1,1: unresolved cross reference @ChapterList&&729.ch_1.1
lout:
         internal error: assert failed in BreakObject: neg constraint

abnormal program termination

Thanks in advance,
--
Robbe Stewart             mailto:address@hidden
Software Engineer         +61-1-8-83592470
N-Space Pty Ltd           http://www.n-space.com.au
import @DiagramPrint
def @ReverseChapHead
  left number
  right title
{
  # @Node 17cm wide by 1.3c high
  @Diag vsize { 1.3c } hsize { 17.0c }
  {
    { 0.265625 0.265625 0.265625 setrgbcolor } @SetColour
    {
      # 80% black box with white text
      @Box paint { nochange }  white @Colour {2f @Font number }
    }
    # chapter title underneath chapter number
    /0.5c title
  }
}

import @DiagramPrint
def @ReverseSecHead
  left number
  right title
{
  # @Node 82.5c wide by 1.2c high
  @Diag hsize { 82.5c } vsize { 1.2c }
  {
    # 100% black with white text -- print section title only; no number
    @Box paint { nochange } white @Colour { title }
  }
}