lout-users

Re: Combining German Umlauts and Russian Cyrillic characters

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Combining German Umlauts and Russian Cyrillic characters
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 00:33:51 +0300

On Tue, Nov 25, 1997 at 06:33:41PM +0300, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> It is interesting to know: does lout have problems with hyphenating
> words in a multiple-language paragraphs. I mean, that standard TeX has
> such problems if the participating languages have `incompatible'
> values of lowercase translation tables.

In Lout, language is part of style information, like font is.  So,
technically, having words in several languages in one paragraph is no
different from having words in different fonts in one paragraph.

Just don't forget to set the language with @Language like you set the
font with @Font :-).

SY, Uwe