lout-users

Re: Emacs mode, literate programming etc.

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Emacs mode, literate programming etc.
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 00:02:12 +0400

It's <address@hidden>, thou old address still works.

> 1.) Is there an emacs mode available for lout?

I have posted one, very rudimentary, some two years ago.  Syntax
handling is naive at best.  Keyboard shortcuts a la AucTeX would be
nice as well.

    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/mail-archives/lout-pre-3.07/0096.html

> PS: Why is it called lout? According to websters, a lout is a
>     "clownish awkward fellow"... I don't quite get the
>     connection ;)
>     YABA? _L_ayout something?

Yes, it's "LayOUT".  As I recollect this is mentioned somewhere in
documentation.

SY, Uwe