lout-users

Re: Makefile rule for a lout document

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Makefile rule for a lout document
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 20:51:33 +1000

Just be warned that the absence of "undefined cross reference" messages
is not the same thing as having a completed document.

A cross reference can be defined, yet not have its final value.

The only way that I know of to be sure that you have a final version
is to compare the PostScript output file of two successive runs.  If
they are equal, (I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure that) the
document is final.  I occasionally do this myself, using "diff".

Jeff Kingston