lout-users

Lout and continuation messages

From: David Meibusch
Subject: Lout and continuation messages
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:21:33 +1000

Hi all,

We have been using plain TeX for some time to produce nicely formatted
machine generated reports from our billing system (
http://www.bha.com.au/cgi-bin/goto?ATLANTA#ATLANTA ).

Recently I have been beating my head against some of the limitations of
TeX, in particular it's implementation of recent contribution list for the
compilation of the current page.

Rather than asking if lout can address these issues, perhaps it is better
to pose the question; Can lout do this?

Table of Colour Usage
---------------------
Type       Quantity
---------------------
Yellow         1034
Orange           45
Green           117
Red            1256
Blue              0

Now, if this table were to be split over two pages (by the typesetter),

Table of Colour Usage
---------------------
Type       Quantity
---------------------
Yellow         1034
Orange           45

                ...continued

<Page break>

Table of Colour Usage (continued)
---------------------
Type       Quantity
---------------------
Green           117
Red            1256
Blue              0

Is it possible to do this in lout?

Dave
They also surf who only stand on waves.  David Meibusch
                                         Systems Engineer
address@hidden                            BHA Computer Pty Ltd
                                         59-69 Shafston Avenue
Phone: 61 7 3258 4412                    Kangaroo Point Qld 4169
Fax:   61 7 3258 4555                    Australia