lout-users

Lout horrendously slow on a 486DX/66

From: j . stokes
Subject: Lout horrendously slow on a 486DX/66
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 23:40:14 +1100

I recently installed lout 3.0.8 and it was  *horrendously* slow compiling
the beginner's guide, swapping constantly for a couple of hours before I
just killed the thing.  I was wondering, is this normal behaviour for lout
on a single user DX2/66 linux system with just 8 meg of ram?  What is the
minimum that lout feels comfortable in?  Would adding another 8 meg of RAM
help?

Cheers,

--
Jason Stokes: address@hidden

Ph: +61 06 291 93 84

 "Do you know where friendship ends and passion does begin?
  It's between the binding of her stocking and her skin.."

-- Suzanne Vega - Nine Objects of Desire