lout-users

Version 3.10 of Lout now available

From: Jeffrey H Kingston
Subject: Version 3.10 of Lout now available
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 13:03:02 +0000

Greetings to everyone on the Lout mailing list.

A new version of Lout, Version 3.10, is now available in my ftp
directory, ftp://ftp.cs.su.oz.au/jeff/lout, for sneak preview.
I had intended this version to be a long-lived, stable one, but
some time has elapsed since the previous version now and new
features have accumulated, so once again I am designating this
as a sneak preview version.  This time, however, I am determined
to convert this version into a stable one before Christmas.

If you have requested any of the features I've added, please
discharge your moral obligation to get the new version and
test them.  I would appreciate hearing of all experiences,
successful as well as unsuccessful.

Here is the full list of changes from Version 3.09:

    Bug fixes
    @StructPageNums option for pages numbered by section
    Dot between section (etc.) numbers and title made optional
    Updated version of lout.teq (TeX-style equation formatter)
    EvenPageTop and EvenFullPage figure and table locations
    @Graph options for plotting values in decreasing rather than increasing
order
    References may cite other references now (bug fix)
    Installation option for making "lout -S" the default behaviour
    @E symbol added alongside @Eq as synonym for @OneCol @Eq
    New language EnglishUK which is like English but with UK hyphenation rules
    @AnotherFootNote symbol for consecutive footnotes on one word
    LOUTLIB environment variable determines library directory at run time if set
    Lots of arrow symbols added to eq and teq
    Paragraph gaps may have "u" suffix, meaning unbreakable (for expert users)

As always, keep those comments, bug reports, and requests for new
features rolling in.

Jeff Kingston
address@hidden (until December 20)
address@hidden (still works fine, is being forwarded automatically)