lout-users

Font family naming scheme?

From: Andrew Cassin
Subject: Font family naming scheme?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 11:26:57 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I was wondering what the basis for lout family naming scheme is. For example,
we have the family names slope, italic and oblique, but do these mean the same
thing? What family names should I use to ensure maximum compatibility with
documents
from other people?

I have already extended my lout fontdefs with some new typefaces from various
CD's out there, but am wondering whether the approach isnt fraught with danger
regarding incorrect spacing and font selection.

Perhaps this isnt so much a lout question as a typography question, but its
important to get it right :-)

ACAS