lout-users

New User Question, Centrering Lines.

From: ralphc
Subject: New User Question, Centrering Lines.
Date: Fri, 10 May 96 16:10:02 +0100

I've just started to try using Lout.  I'm having problems centrering
lines.  This fails, the `Yours' appears at the same indent as the
`Some'.

    @PP
    Some text, some text, some text, some text, some text, some text,
    clines @Break { Yours, }

But adding a @OneRow or @OneCol works:

    @OneRow clines @Break { Yours, }
    @PP
    Some text, some text, some text, some text, some text, some text,
    some text, some text, some text, some text, some text, some text.
    @PP

Why does @OneRow make this work since `Yours,' should only have one row
marker anyway?

Also, what is the proper way of getting a centred paragraph?  Are some
of the @PP's superfluous?

As an aside, I thought the user guide was quite clear but it would have
been nice to have a couple of complete simple example documents as well
as fragments of Lout.  Maybe a simple letter could be added as an
appendix or seperate file.

All in all, I already think Lout has a lot going for it.  For what
little my view counts!

Ralph.

Ralph Corderoy.  address@hidden  Phone: UK 01202-408769.
    Siemens Plessey Systems, Grange Road, Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 4JE