lout-users

Re: proposal for inter-word spaces

From: Edward S. Hirgelt
Subject: Re: proposal for inter-word spaces
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 09:19:04 -0800

    Blake> 1.  Why auto-add the extra space only when it ends at the
    Blake> end of the line?  That option may be worse then the way
    Blake> things are now - sometimes you get the extra space, and
    Blake> then again, sometimes you don't - it depends on the
    Blake> position of the stars!

    Blake> This must be consistent!  Either you get the space or you don't!
    Blake> I can not write when I have to keep worrying about where my
    Blake> sentences end or, worse yet, where my text editor wraps things!!
    Blake> This solution is far worse then the way things work now.

This seems like the best proposal to date.  It is consistent, easy to
describe, and seems to address all the problems.

Ed
 Edward S. Hirgelt              "Education is the ability to listen to
 Teknekron Software Systems     almost anything without losing your
 530 Lytton Avenue, Suite 301   temper or your self-confidence."
 Palo Alto, Ca 94301                            --Robert Frost
 address@hidden    415 833 2763