lout-users

headers and footer

From: Peter Samuel
Subject: headers and footer
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 18:25:36 +1100 (AEDST)

I would like to change the standard header from "- 2 -" etc to
something user defined for Documents.

Option 1:
Do I have to edit lout/include/dl and change the lines

    named @PageTopFormat     right @PageNum { |0.5rt - @PageNum - }
    etc

in the section defining @DocumentLayout?

or

Option 2:
Do I have to edit lout/include/dl and add the lines

    named @PageTopFormat { @PageTopFormat }
    etc

in the section defining @Document and then specify them when I use the

    @Document
        things
    //

in my document source?

Note that Option 2 doesn't seem to work but I may have an incorrect
syntax problem too.

or is there some other way.

If the answer is option 2, can I use that to add other features to a
document and perhaps create a new type of style - such as "Resume" for
example?

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                address@hidden
Technical Consultant                        or at present:
Uniq Professional Services                  address@hidden
Phone: +61 2 339 3953                       Fax: +61 2 339 3688