lout-users

Re: "font bug" from basile

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: "font bug" from basile
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 01:10:22 +0000

Dear Jeff Kingston,

Thanks for your answer.

I suppose i'll have to change my habits, and type

An address@hidden C}}(or address@hidden) compiler

instead of

An @I{Ansi C}(or @I{C++}) compiler

However, i think that your explanation:

     Lout's parsing is based on precedence, and the precedence of
    juxtaposing two objects together is larger than the precedence of
    any symbol.  So

            In order to @I { emphasise }, one uses italics

    is parsed as

            In order to @I {{ emphasise },} one uses italics

should be put in Lout's documentation.

If it were only my preferences, i would better like to have to type

        @I{over-compensated}
        @Ref{kingston88}

instead of

        @I over-compensated
        @Ref kingston88

and still be able to type:

        An @I{Ansi C}(or @I{C++}) compiler

But i understand your (implementor) choices are different.

Thanks again for Lout and your explanation. If & when you have time, please
add it into the documentation.

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat a l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * C.E. Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1- 69.08.23.81;    phone: (33) 1- 69.08.40.66
email: address@hidden;  homephone: (33) 1- 46.65.45.53

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are solely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.