lmi

[lmi] Font-size oddity

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Font-size oddity
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 23:05:00 +0000

Vadim--Please do this:
  File | New | Illustration
    "Policy": choose 'sample2finra'
    OK
  File | Print to PDF
and examine the fonts used for text specified by 'finra_header_upper.mst'.
We see the same font size for the non-bold and bold sentences for
  Page 1..4 of 9
  Page 8..9 of 9
as expected. However, for
  Page 5..7
Kim and I both see an unexpectedly small font for the initial (non-bold)
sentence only (whereas the bold sentences following are as expected).
Using fancier tools than I have, she deduces that it's arial nine point
for the anomalous initial non-bold parts, but arial ten point otherwise.

The MST file boils down to
with no <font> element at all, so it seems anomalous for the font size
to change.

This seems reminiscent of the set of commits around 145965d6
  Fix initial font after detaching the header HTML cell
although I don't think a <header> tag is involved here.

Kim points out that the pages with font anomalies are exactly those that
consist solely of narrative text. Their classes don't derive from class
table_mixin (so maybe table_mixin somehow rectifies a latent problem
that manifests only in its absence?).

Can you fix this anomaly?