lmi

Re: [lmi] Irreproducible assertion failure in GUI test

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Irreproducible assertion failure in GUI test
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 14:26:25 +0200

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 23:16:39 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I doubt we can do anything about this;

 I'm afraid you're right, I can't reproduce this and I don't see anything
wrong in the rather simple code of this test.

GC> I report it only FWIW in case it ever occurs again:
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/bin[0]$wine ./wx_test --ash_nazg --data_path=/opt/lmi/data
--pyx=only_new_pdf
GC> NOTE: starting the test suite
GC> about_dialog_version: started
GC> About dialog version string is "20180719T1706Z".
GC> about_dialog_version: ERROR (Assertion failure: Expected license dialog was
not shown. [file /opt/lmi/src/lmi/wx_test_about_version.cpp, line 239, in
OnInvoked()].)

GC> I'm quite sure I didn't move the mouse cursor: I always move it to the
GC> top of the physical screen (an area reserved for xfce "panels", where no
GC> application can ever write anything) before running a GUI test, and never
GC> touch the trackball or keyboard until the test finishes.

 FWIW I think the best is to run the GUI tests in an isolated VM, e.g. I do
it by ssh-ing into my lmi VM and launching the test from ssh session. Under
X it should be also possible to use Xnest to run it on its own isolated
display. Or maybe just open a second (real) X session on a different VT and
run it there (but I haven't tried this).

GC> Rerunning the test suite with current HEAD, I can't reproduce it:

 I ran it 20 times and it never failed...
VZ