lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 489f0a2 1/2: Show busy cursor when cuttin

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 489f0a2 1/2: Show busy cursor when cutting and pasting
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 23:55:13 +0200

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:14:19 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 489f0a265f13b421fb846d18084a2d491191a75b
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Show busy cursor when cutting and pasting
GC>
GC>     These operations take a noticeable amount of time for large censuses.

 But unfortunately when they do not take a noticeable amount of time, this
probably just results in annoying cursor flickering. I really wish there
were a simple way to only show some indicator of the program being busy
only if some operation takes longer than some (configurable but with a
reasonable default value, e.g. 100 or maybe 200ms) time. Of course, we
can't make it as simple as just wxBusyCursor or wxBusyInfo as it would have
to be updated during the long operation, but for both UponPasteCensus() and
DoCopyCensus() it's not really a problem, as they both contain loops and it
would be easy to add a call to some update_busy_indicator() function to
them.

 Do you think it could be worth doing something like this?
VZ