lmi

Re: [lmi] lmi + wine-3.0 (Debian 3.0-1) = purple fungus

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] lmi + wine-3.0 (Debian 3.0-1) = purple fungus
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:54:25 +0100

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 18:32:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--Do you happen yet to have experienced the astonishment of
GC> running lmi under wine-3.0?

 I have finally installed a new Buster (i386, to avoid having to install 32
bit Wine packages into a 64-bit system) chroot with Wine 3.0, rebuilt lmi
using gcc 7.2 and ran it -- and I don't see anything purple nor any fungi
anywhere... The layout of the "File|New|Illustration" seems broken and
shows only the "Effective date" field on the first page for some reason,
but this might be due to something being not up to date in my data
directory.

GC> Of course, I'm using 192 DPI, which might be a contributing factor.

 I use 200 DPI. I also use "XP" version in the combobox on the first page
of winecfg dialog, but changing it to "10" doesn't seem to change anything
(i.e. the appearance still remains the same, using the "classic" theme).

GC> For now, I'll just copy and paste the console messages:
GC>
GC> $wine ./lmi_wx_shared.exe --ash_nazg --data_path=/opt/lmi/data
GC> In file ../src/msw/mdi.cpp at line 1491: 'SendMessage(WM_MDISETMENU)'
failed with error 0x00000578 (Invalid window handle.).
GC> 0009:err:datetime:DATETIME_WindowProc unknown msg 100f wp=00000000
lp=006b7fcc
GC> 0009:err:datetime:DATETIME_WindowProc unknown msg 100f wp=00000000
lp=006b874c

 Interestingly enough, I did see the first message with an old (gcc 6.3)
build of lmi I had, but now that I rebuilt everything using the latest
sources, I don't see it any more. I do still see the 2 other ones however.

 Regards,
VZ