lmi

Re: [lmi] wxProgressDialog z-order anomaly

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxProgressDialog z-order anomaly
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 18:03:51 +0000

On 2017-11-04 16:39, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 15:41:59 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...severe pruning...]
>  But if you want to preserve the linear history, you have another choice:
> replace the 3 commits of the branch on master. This can be done manually by
> using "git cherry-pick" to pick the commits one by one:
>
>         $ git cherry-pick github-vz/menu-refresh-fix~2
>         $ git cherry-pick github-vz/menu-refresh-fix~1
>         $ git cherry-pick github-vz/menu-refresh-fix
>
> Or it can be done by cherry-picking them all at once:
>
>         $ git cherry-pick ..github-vz/menu-refresh-fix

I want to study the rest of your email first before choosing a method,
but if I were to do it this way, should it have the same effect as my
wearisome but proven method of adding '.patch' at the end of each
individual patch's URL, viz.:

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/commit/c334ae0937894937570737f5348c0b19d83da0b6.patch

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/commit/4bea744dfba3ddca45bb312ea61528761de9a549.patch

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/commit/188309c53b2a759516024fef525e8f31fa07c6fc.patch
and then saving their contents and running git-am on each in succession?

BTW, I reviewed the changes, and they're tremendous improvements.
(Actually, at first I made the mistake of reviewing them all reversed,
and every single reversed change was shockingly awful--I don't know
how I could ever have written that stuff.) I have only one question,
concerning this line:

    if (wxEventLoopBase* const loop = wxEventLoopBase::GetActive())

Do you think this:

    if (nullptr != wxEventLoopBase* const loop = wxEventLoopBase::GetActive())

would be an improvement, because it makes it clear that we're
checking for a null pointer? Or would it be worse, because such
a construct with " != ... = ' introduces more confusion?

Hmm...or maybe

    wxEventLoopBase* const loop = wxEventLoopBase::GetActive();
    if (nullptr != loop)

would be best of all?