lmi

Re: [lmi] How to create composite illustrations?

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] How to create composite illustrations?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:04:10 +0000

On 2017-08-22 01:29, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  Anyhow, now that I can test this, I have another question about composite
> illustrations, perhaps slightly less stupid: what should be shown for them
> in the numeric summary table? Currently it still shows "Age 70" for them
> (if it exists), just as it does for the individual illustrations, and the

[In production, which is HEAD as of the datestamp in 'version.hpp',
I don't see that--instead, it seems to omit the age-70 row.]

> code in FlatTextLedgerPrinter::PrintNumericalSummary() does the same, so it

[It does, but it shouldn't. I'll fix that.]

> would seem to be correct, but I can't help wondering why do we speak about
> the age here when I thought it was ill-defined in the composite case,
> because age would be different for its different individual participants?
> So to whose age 70 does this row refer to?

Good question. The applicable regulation is designed with individual
illustrations in mind. A composite combines a number of individuals,
who are unlikely to have the same age, so "age 70" really has no
meaning on a composite, and therefore it's appropriate to omit any
age-70 row on a composite.