lmi

Re: [lmi] Group quote PDF: segfault on strlen

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group quote PDF: segfault on strlen
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:14:18 +0000

On 2017-03-08 15:58, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 15:00:40 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> To reproduce:
> GC>
> GC> File | New | Census
> GC> Census | Edit case defaults
> GC>   enter "nonblank" in 'Corporation Name' [required for group quote]
> GC>   OK
> GC>   answer 'Yes' to "Apply changes to every cell?"
> GC> Census | Print group roster... | Print group premium quote to PDF
> GC>
> GC> Kim observes the crash with msw-7. I do with 'wine'; a 'wine'
> GC> backtrace is below.
> GC>
> GC> Could this have anything to do with our recent wx upgrade?
>
>  No, I think this is due to a bug introduced in lmi itself recently, please
> apply this commit to fix it:

That works for me, thanks.

I need to step away for an hour or so, but I'll commit this soon.

BTW, if you know specific steps that would have let me find this
myself in the wine environment, that's something I'd be glad to
learn. I couldn't get i686.../addr2line to do anything helpful
with the addresses in the crash report. I ran
  winedbg ./lmi_wx_shared [usual arguments]
and trapped the problem there so I could run 'bt', but it was
no less cryptic than the crash report posted earlier.

Maybe it would just be easier to use a cygwin VM for this,
because I know gdb works well there.