lmi

Re: [lmi] Do we have zlib already?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Do we have zlib already?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 00:05:52 +0200

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 21:39:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> > GC> Here's why I ask. We've been distributing product files as plain
GC> > GC> xml.

 Just to be certain: what are these product files exactly? Do I understand
correctly that they're sample.{database,funds,policy,rounding,strata} ones?

 If so, I can already confirm that compressing these files with gzip (and
renaming them to _not_ have the .gz suffix) works, i.e. I can still create
a new illustration using the sample product. So far I've tested it only
with my MSVC build of lmi which uses a default build of libxml2 which does
include zlib support, but I'll retest it with the official build later.

 I'd just like to know if compressing the files above and checking if an
illustration can be created is a sufficient test or whether I should try to
compress/check something more/else?

 Thanks in advance,
VZ