lmi

Re: [lmi] Vanishing menu underlines [Was: Group premium quotes]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Vanishing menu underlines [Was: Group premium quotes]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:13:52 +0000

On 2015-08-18 20:59, Greg Chicares wrote:
[..]
> Many menu items have an "accelerator" letter underlined, e.g., "E_xit" on the
> "File" menu. Under certain circumstances, the underlines are not shown.

Sorry, false alarm. Every application I try works exactly this way, so it must
be
an msw "feature". I've never seen it before because I even open the "Start Menu"
with ctrl-esc and pull down the "Command Prompt" menu with alt-spacebar. But
today
I had to use the mouse to test the new toolbar button.

I suppose they imagine that keyboard accelerators shouldn't be presented to
anyone
who isn't already using them. Fortunately, I'm writing this with icedove running
under xfce, so I can just alt-f-d now and go look for real problems.