lmi

Re: [lmi] wx_test_pdf_create.cpp

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx_test_pdf_create.cpp
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:46:07 +0100

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:55:46 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> // ERASE THIS BLOCK COMMENT WHEN IMPLEMENTATION COMPLETE. The block
GC> // comment below changes the original specification, and does not
GC> // yet describe the present code. Desired changes:
GC> //  - Use "Print to PDF", not "Print preview".
GC> //  - Erase the PDF file after verifying that it was created.
GC>
GC> /// Test printing an illustration document to PDF.
GC> ///
GC> /// Run these commands:
GC> ///   File | New | Illustration
GC> ///   File | Print to PDF
GC> /// and verify that the PDF file was created; then erase it.
GC>
GC>
GC> // ERASE THIS BLOCK COMMENT WHEN IMPLEMENTATION COMPLETE. The block
GC> // comment below changes the original specification, and does not
GC> // yet describe the present code. Desired changes:
GC> //  - Do not add any cells to the census. Creating a PDF file for
GC> //    each of three identical cells takes considerable time and
GC> //    accomplishes nothing useful.
GC>
GC> /// Test printing a census document to PDF.
GC> ///
GC> /// Run these commands:
GC> ///   File | New | Census
GC> ///   Census | Print case to PDF
GC> /// and verify that two PDF files were created, one for the (single)
GC> /// cell and one for the composite; then erase both files.
GC> ///
GC> /// Once other tests have been specified and implemented, we may find
GC> /// that this test is duplicative and consequently remove it.

 The attached patches implemented the requested changes and also slightly
simplify the code and take care of deleting the generated .fo.xml files (in
addition to deleting the generated .pdf files themselves). They were tested
with and without the secret option.

 As always, please let me know if you see anything wrong with them or just
have any questions about them.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ