lmi

Re: [lmi] Automated GUI testing (RFC)

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Automated GUI testing (RFC)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:58:21 +0100

Hi,

On 21 Jan 2014, at 19:01, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
> We've been discussing automated GUI testing off the list for some
> time. Little of this discussion involves personal or proprietary
> information, so let's move it here.

Here’s the first (and almost certainly not last) request for clarification,
about this item in the tests spec:

On 10 Dec 2013, at 05:27, Boutin, Wendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> BW> 3. Inspect dates in 'expiry'. The values change every month and
>> BW>    the first value can differ among each distribution.
>> BW>
>> BW>   A. Distributions beginning before the first of the month:
>> BW>       2456596 2456628
>> BW>
>> BW>   B. Distributions beginning on the first of the month:
>> BW>       2456598 2456628
>>
>> Q3.1: Same questions as in (Q2.2).
>
> This one is a little tricky because some of the distributions will use
> the first day of the month. Others will use whatever day we send out the
> release. Today, we manually perform the first-of-the-month test by changing
> our computer date forward to the first day of the next month. I think it's
> important to validate the Julian day number if that's possible. This one
> is probably ideal to configure.

There are two numbers there, so what are they? Which one should be checked for
being the first of the month and what should the other’s value be? Should the
other one be ignored? Where does the difference between the A and B cases above
show up? And just what, and how, should be “configured” about this test?

Thanks,
Vaclav