lmi

Re: [lmi] pre-wx-2.9.5 appearance changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] pre-wx-2.9.5 appearance changes
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:26:52 +0200

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:04:04 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> (2) Regression: grayed buttons are less attractive with the
GC> new build.

 I've spent a lot of time on this only to belatedly realize that I was
barking up a completely wrong tree :-( The problem was actually not in
wxToolbar code at all but in wxWidgets system which didn't include the
manifest, needed to link the application with the modern version of common
controls library (comctl32.dll) under XP and later systems, when using
MinGW any more. I've fixed this now in r74509 and the disabled toolbar
buttons with alpha transparency appear correctly again.

 Of course, the bug with the wrong appearance when using comctl32.dll v5.80
still remains but I don't think it's worth trying to fix it (I do have some
ideas which could improve matters in this case) because there is really no
reason to use comctl32.dll v6 under XP+ and transparency is not supported
anyhow under older systems -- assuming anybody still cares about them.

 So I think this should be considered fixed and the buttons should appear
correctly with 2.9.5 which I still plan for the coming Monday. Please let
me know if you think otherwise.

 And thanks a lot for noticing this problem!
VZ