lmi

Re: [lmi] Dataview vs. listview appearance

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Dataview vs. listview appearance
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:10:12 +0200

On 15 Jul 2011, at 17:19, Greg Chicares wrote:
> (1) Vertical spacing has widened. (It may be easier to read, but fewer
> rows fit on the screen.)

There's wxDataViewCtrl::SetRowHeight(), so it may be tweakable without changes
to wx, although I suspect not: I think the current size is the minimal one
already, so we'll have to change wxDVC to allow smaller sizes.

I have mixed feelings on what the (wx, not LMI) default should be: current
version is definitely more readable, but OTOH, consistency with native listview
controls is desirable too...

> (2) The default column width is now variable; it used to be fixed.
> (Of course they can change that on the "Census" menu.)

I don't remember whether this happened by accident or if I changed it
intentionally (autosizing works better now); in any case, it's trivial to fix,
of course.

Regards,
Vaclav